Nook Quality Systems
Our proven experience in test, design, process and the stringent requirements for aerospace, medical, energy and military applications makes Nook your highly trusted partner.
Your Trusted Partner
Since 1969, Nook Industries, Inc. has relentlessly and continuously developed the capabilities and skills to deliver products of the highest quality. Knowledge of testing and design, coupled with this experience working with stringent customer requirements in aerospace, medical, energy and military applications has provided the background to be a reliable partner.
State-of-the-Art Quality Experience
When you select Nook Industries as a supplier, you can be assured that your product will be designed and tested to rigorous product planning. Pre-design activity includes understanding of customer requirements applied to predictive models, engineering calculations and linear modeling through prototype development,
stereo-lithography samples of form, fit, and function that verify design criteria.
Validation and Verification
Through many years of rigorous development, Nook Industries has proven its designs and manufacturing processes against the most stringent standards and specifications. Design and process verification and validation tools are employed throughout the product life cycle.
Nook is also registered with the Department of State For International Traffic In Arms Compliance (ITAR).
Nook is ISO 9001 and AS9100 certified, an Internationally Recognized Quality System.
We also serve many customers in the Aerospace and Medical device markets and have complied with those Quality System Requirements as well.
Quality Lab and Analysis Capability
Laser Lead Measurement
- Precise lead error gauging is utilized to validate processes to conform to Nook internal specifications and customer requirements.
Zeiss Roundness Measurement
- Critical to quality, characteristics such as roundness are monitored throughout the screw manufacturing process.
Zeiss Contour Readers
- Prior to the start of any production run, thread form geometry is precisely measured to stringent engineering specifications.
- The metallurgical lab is capable of determining material composition from raw materials to final product. A micro hardness and case depth inspection is a routine check that validates the heat treat process.
Quality Tools for Linear Motion Design
- Design for Six Sigma manufacturing
- D.O.E. (Design of Experiments)
- APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning)
- DFMEA, PFEMA
- FEA (Finite Element Analysis)
- DVP&R (Design Verification Plan & Report)
- Reliability Testing
- Process validation to 21 CFR Part 82 (Medical Device)
State of the Art Testing and Functional Testing
Nook test systems and engineered testing processes perform analysis, verification, and solidification of life, durability, and performance. The functional testing defines operating limits in specifications and helps set defined targets in Product Launch Process and Assurance Plans. This provides predictive tools, generates data for prognostics, and validates performance wear models. Life tests help determine performance in multiple operating conditions as well. Nook offers proof testing for customers developing new systems and actuators to help accelerate product release dates.
- OVERLOAD/PROOF END OF LINE TESTING
- DESIGN AND TEST FOR FAULT TOLERANCE AND PROGNOSTICS
- CUSTOM ENGINEERED AND BUILT TEST INSTRUMENTATION
- CTQ/KPV ENGINEERING SPECIFICATION PROCESSES
- RELIABILITY ENGINEERING AND TESTING DVP&R AND TEST PLANNING
- NOOK DESIGNED AND BUILT TEST MACHINES
CUSTOM ENGINEERED AND BUILT TEST INSTRUMENTATION
- ENGINEERING ANALYSIS AND PREDICTIVE TOOLS
- APQP LAUNCH PROTOCOLS
- Nook Engineering has designed test machines to measure and validate screw assembly efficiency.
Preloaded ball screw assemblies are evaluated to determine compliance with engineering specifications utilizing a Dynamic Torque Testing Machine.